2018年11月16日金曜日

BR6


SALLY’S PHONE

Author: CHRISTINE LINDOP

Words: 1300

Headwords: 250

Genre: OXFORD BOOKWORMS STARTERS

 

Summary:

    It is Thursday morning. Suddenly her phone is ringing. Sally answers it. “Hello Sally, it’s Andrew.” Andrew is Sally’s boyfriend. He is rich. “Don’t forget, Sally - we’re meeting Michael tonight. It is an important evening, because Michael’s my new boss. Wear your blue skirt, I like that skirt.” However she can’t wear the blue skirt. Sally gets on the train. Sally is listening to Andrew. “Sally, meet me at six o’clock, not at half past six. OK?” “OK Andrew - But my blu….” Now Sally is at work. She is talking to her friend Claire, and she tells her about Andrew, Michael, and the blue skirt. “It’s OK, Sally.” Claire says. “Let’s go out at lunchtime. We can find a new skirt. You can wear it tonight.” Ring ring!! It is Andrew again. “Hi, Sally. Look, meet me at the Bar Bogart, not the Cosmo Bar - OK?  It is one o’clock. Sally and Claire are looking at skirts. Sally buy the red skirt. She goes into a cafe. She phones her mother. Next to Sally, Paul is finishing his coffee. He phones his friend and talks to him. Then he stands up. The bag with the red skirt falls on the floor. He puts down his phone and picks up the bag. Paul picks up his phone and goes out of the cafe. Sally picks up her bag and her phone, and goes back to work. Paul is in his office. Ring ring!! It is Andrew. Sally is at work. Ring ring!! She answers the phone. “Hello, is Paul there?” Sally has Paul’s phone. Paul has Sally’s phone. Paul phones Sally. “We need to change phones.” “OK” “Let’s meet in Queen’s Square at a quarter to six,” says Paul. “OK, Paul,” says Sally. In Queen’s Square, Sally cannot find Paul. “Where are you, Paul?” “I’m near the trees.” Sally meet Paul again. Sally doesn’t go the Bar Bogart. Sally and Paul leave the Blue Moon. “That’s a nice skirt,” Paul says. “I like red.” Sally smiles at him.

 

Key points about the book:

Sally’s boyfriend Andrew is selfish and forcible. Sally likes red. However Andrew says “Wear blue skirt, Sally.” On the contrary, Paul is nice guy. He is gentle. Sally likes red. Paul says “That’s a nice skirt.” So Sally chooses Paul. I think that it is natural.

 

My opinion:

I think I want to become like Paul, because he is so smart. I think I don’t want to become like Andrew. This story is so interesting.   

 

 434/2120

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿